GIS & Geospatial Job Seekers Career Seminar
May 5 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm125CAD
Finding a job in geospatial technology can be difficult. That’s why GoGeomatics Canada is bringing back our popular Career Seminar to give job seekers the tools and techniques that will put them ahead in their job search.
This online “Zoom” half-day career seminar is designed to give new and seasoned geomatics professionals the tools they need to succeed in the job market. The seminar is particularly focused on those seeking work in GIS, cartography, remote sensing, programming, and other related geospatial fields.
Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director of GoGeomatics Canada and geospatial career coach, will be sharing his valued tips and insight for your job search. He is an expert geomatics professional with close to 20 years of experience. Jon’s career has ranged from the oil fields of Alberta to projects with the United Nations in Switzerland. Topics covered include:
– Geospatial Job Market Trends during pandemic
– Specialty cover letters for GIS & remote sensing
– Professional associations – should you join one?
– Specialized GIS & Geospatial job hunting strategies
– How to analyse a geopsatial job posting
– Salaries & remuneration
– How to handle recruiters
– Your LinkedIn profile
– Career strategies
– The interview
– The fundamentals of successful online networking
Trainer: Jonathan Murphy